Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Logical Fallacies: Gods Discourse

This discourse between the gods (Indian Mythology figures)

Disclosure: All characters are fictional. Any resembles to anything is purely fictional. Please don't castigate me! --- I know they might invoke strong emotions among some but try to see them lightly as humans living in the house next door. --

Ram: You know my wife, Sita is pregnant, and what should I do?

Ravan: Do you want the child?

Ram: No, it is not mine; she got pregnant when I was at war.

Ravan: 21st century solution, just get an abortion. No more fairy tale stuff of mother earth eating her. That's my opinion. Ask a few more and then make a decision.

Ram: Yeah, I will ask a few more people.

Ram: Yo, Yo Jesus, what u say, YO about my issue?

Jesus: Have an issue

Ram: Didn't you read my email? You should check with your secretary?

Jesus: Ya, I read it, and my solution is having an issue.

Ram: What? What? What?

Ram: Okay I get it, No No, (says to himself: to make it simple issue = child) I don't want this child and would like to use the technology of our creations called "Abortion". Even Ravan seconds my view. I am almost in for it.

Jesus: NO!!! NO!!!

Jesus: Abortion is Bad, NO ABORTION (Jesus shouts). I tell you not to have an abortion.

Ram: Chill out man! Just wanted your opinion not for you to make my decision.

Jesus: Ravan is bad person, and so what he says is wrong (one version of Indian mythology portrays him as bad person)

Ram: Hum, I see you point. Let me think about.

(Individual thinking: Jesus is attacking the person making the argument not the argument which is confusing Ram, this is a common logical fallacy called - "Ad hominen")

Jesus: That Ravan, Fu**er, what to screw your life, wants to see you widowed so he could marry off his daughter Jessica Simpson with you, you Ram, it’s a ploy.

Ram: I never thought of that possibility

Ram: But, how will Sita (Ram's wife) die, Jesus?

Jesus: Most women die after abortion. (Gals not true - abortion is safe)

Ram: Ya, I kind of agree Ravan is trying to convince me of killing my own wife.

(Ram is enraged, picks up is AK-57 and semi-automatic pistol with a army knife to go after Ravan)

(Individual thinking: A Possibility is projected as Certainty. Sita COULD die not WOULD die. Logical Fallacy - Appeal to Probability)

Jesus: Calm down, friend. Calm down!

Ram: So confused can't think, shit I should have more IQ. Ahh, maybe that not what I exactly need, but probably should have practiced individual thinking and learn't in school how to think but I rote learned to get better grades. Shit can't solve my personal life issues!!!!

Jesus: Don't worry, don't question your education, it was created by a very reputed committee of Brahmins. They know what they are doing; see because of this you have succeeded so much in life. King God of Sexland!

Ram: Oh ya, those Brahmins know what there are doing, they are best IT guys in town, they freaking can remember all those versus. Ya Ya those intelligent people know. They must be correct.

Jesus: Don't worry why don't you go and talk to Muhammad, say what, generally these days he's been singled out for most of things, he may be able to provide an unbiased opinion.

(Individual thinking: Two more f**kups - Jesus just shut Ram's mind by logical fallacy "Appeal to Authority" - As mentioned above Brahmins were good IT guys not necessarily good Education policy setters. Another screw-up here is "REPUTED" Committee, so a way to stop Ram from questioning the kind of his education by a logical fallacy of "Appeal to Popularity" - 'since the committee is reputed so it must be right' that the kind of argument. )

Ram heads of to Muhammad. Muhammad welcomes him with both arms and assures him that he would do everything in his capacity to help him. Ram explains the dilemma should Sita get an abortion.

Muhammad: Oh friend, so I see, humm, humm, (thinking, thinking)

Muhammad: So why do u want to have an abortion in the first place?

Ram: Actually, I think I am not yet ready for it, the war just got over and I’m broke, I am just not ready, even if I raise this kid, which is not mine, I don't think then I won't be able to raise a kid which is my own progeny.

Muhammad: That sounds impressive, well thought out reason to justify your position. Come on tell me the truth?

Muhammad: Due to this long war, I have not enough sex, and now during this hard won peace, I cannot have sex again for few more months completely not acceptable, I don't like the manual hold, I love the automatic hold, so gratifying...ah ah...

Muhammad: Ok OK stop getting more graphic about things, I see.

Muhammad: Let me help you.

Ram: Good that's the reason I am here, say now quick, I want to go back to Sita now quickly

Muhammad: You are a warrior, warrior would do the right thing even if required kill, so you must have the abortion.

Ram: But Muhammad, my conscience hurts isn't this argument to suit my convenience???

Muhammad: No, I don't think, this is Jihad for the right thing, you will be sent to Haven on the Judgment day.

(Individual thinking: Muhammad makes here a "fallacy of necessity", in simple English when he enforces it is necessary to kill to be a warrior which is not technically true he could give up his role as warrior. Also another 'fallacy of necessity' is ignoring other plausible solutions are thought of, if Ram was not ready he could offer the baby for adoption after birth and for his sexual pleasures for the mean time he could have a couple of mistresses.)

Fallacies covered in this post

1.Ad hominen

2. Appeal to Probability

3. Appeal to Authority

4. Appeal to Popularity

5. Fallacy of necessity


IF YOU ENJOYED IT PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT- DO NOT STEAL THE CONTENT WITHOUT GIVING CREDIT.

There are many more logical fallacies, one can check the links below for more info.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Check my next post plan to cover a few more in the same discourse style.

2 comments:

  1. as i m religious person i wd say u cd have explained it with using diff name, y u use names of gods and be so sarcastic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HoHo Ho I am religious person, y the heck did
    u come here.

    by the way I have the authors's shorts, I will be giving it to him in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete