Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thought process into the Controlled Experiment

Today was my very first alcohol drink in my life. I plan this post to be the various factors that seduced me into drinking for the 1st time. All my close friends would be baffled when they would know that I had alcohol. Generally i am the one sober person entrusted with duty to make sure all my friends reach home safely.

There were various factors that lead me into trying alcohol. I used to spend hours and days sometimes debating with myself if I should try alcohol. My experience as a student at Tulane University and the whole American experience played a major role in me being open to new experiences. It was only due to these experiences that i could differentiate a person from his alcohol habits. Most of the actions that a person does under the influence of alcohol comes from the base nature, character, feelings, habits, cravings, insecurities, emotional pains, etc of the person. Not from alcohol, alcohol is a facilitator, that’s it.

Let say if Mr. X was a one woman man he would not indulge in one night stands after having alcohol. This distinction was very important to me because then I could see that its only alcohol allowing one to be oneself. So blame it on him or alcohol? For me it became clear it’s the person, feelings, cravings, etc deep within that just manifests aided by alcohol. Don't kill the messenger with bad news!!!!!!!

My major worry was, would alcohol drinking lead me to one night stands and screw up my beautiful relationship with my girlfriend, who has threatened me with one night with someone else, it game over with her. That was such a strong motivator so i wanted to be sure what causes what, thus I realized alcohol would not cause me to hump a girl, would only if i actually wanted it. That distinction was so important.

2 comments:

  1. oh my!!!!!very random.........yet very interesting!!1
    definitely a good start.......
    good going 'mr.controlled evxperiments' :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must mention that you can write REALLY well and that you express your thoughts interestingly!!!
    good going yaa
    keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete